There’s about 1.5 million men and women currently serving our nation in the Armed Forces. Whether that be via the Army, Marines, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, or National Guard, the fact remains that they are putting their lives on the line each and every day. Because of their sacrifice, discounts and other benefits are presented to them.
Auto Insurance Discounts For The Military
Military discounts are a very small way for individuals and businesses to show their appreciation for all that the members of the military are willing to sacrifice to protect the people at home and abroad. The military lifestyle is certainly a unique one, and military families must deal with hectic scenarios that other families would never encounter.
If you’re a member of the military, I’m sure you’re already fully aware of the vast military discounts, and other benefits that are offered. If you’re unsure that a business offers a military discount, chances are, most places will be more than happy to accommodate your request. Plus, it can never hurt to ask.
I’m Actively Serving in the Military, Am I eligible for Car Insurance Discounts?
Absolutely. Although the size of the discount varies from company to company, it’s safe to say that all major auto insurance providers offer some sort of discount for those serving. Although the discount varies, expect to save a minimum of 15% off your premium.
Some auto insurance providers, like Geico, have special military programs that are fine-tuned to meet the specific needs of the military. These companies have departments fully dedicated to handling claims from their customers in the military, which often results in rapid response times, and ultimately better customer service.
Veterans and members of the reserves are also eligible for the same discounts, but it doesn’t stop here. These discounts can also be extended to cover the other drivers in your family, which as you know, can be crucial when you aren’t always home to deal with issues yourself.
How To Get Military Discounts On Auto Insurance
Follow these steps below to help you find auto insurance at the best possible military rates:
- Gather up some information – Before you get started, you should have you driver’s license, vehicle registration number, and vehicle identification number (VIN) ready. This will make it easy in case you need these during the process.
- Contact some insurance companies – Include large companies and local companies in your search. Who knows where you will find the best rates? (Make sure you mention your military credentials to be eligible for discounts.)
- Get quotes – The internet makes this part of the process easy. There are many sites (including this one) that offer free auto insurance quotes. It’s also possible to get quotes by visiting insurance agents or calling them up by phone.
- Check reviews – Ask for friends recommendations and read customer reviews about the companies you are considering. Also check complaint records. You need to make sure the company you choose has good customer service as well as good claim processing.
- Buy the insurance – Get your insurance cards, and hit the road!
Finding the best coverage and the most affordable rate on car insurance is easy for everyone. Although not everybody gets an additional 15% off, that’s not to say you can’t save in other ways. There are many occupations, like teachers and engineers, that are eligible for special auto insurance discounts as well.
Start by entering your zip code in the field at the top of this page. You’ll be asked a few questions about yourself and your driving record. To claim your military discounts, simply enter your basic military credentials, and your discount will be automatically factored into your insurance quote.