The Most and Least Expensive Cars to Insure
What are the most and least expensive cars to insure? Luxury cars are almost always more expensive to insure than any other vehicle because they are what insurers call “high profile vehicles” and are a target for car thieves and also a magnet for Police Officers to pull over as well. The least expensive vehicles to insure are minivans and SUVs.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 30, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident auto insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one auto insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Everyone who drives a car has to pay for car insurance or the risk many consequences that include paying a hefty fine (if you get pulled over), lawsuit resulting from an accident, lost wages, thousands of dollars in medical expenses and so much more that you would be crazy to not drive without car insurance.
Before you buy your next car this year you should know that the make and model of the car that you drive can be the difference between paying a few thousand dollars per less or more. If you don’t want to be pay a lot of money for car insurance on your next car this article will provide you with a complete breakdown on the most and least expensive cars to insure in 2011.
Most Expensive Cars to Insure
Luxury cars are almost always more expensive to insure than any other vehicle because they are what insurers call “high profile vehicles” and are a target for car thieves and also a magnet for Police Officers to pull over as well.
The monthly amount that you pay for car insurance depends on your driver’s record, any accidents or convictions that you had and your credit history. The insurance costs associated for each car are estimates for what you could pay if you were to buy or lease any of the cars.
1. Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG – This car can go from zero to sixty in four seconds, can reach a top speed of 155 miles per hour and costs as much as a new home $186,000.
2. BMW 750i – This is one of the best years for BMW, the 750i comes with a V8 turbocharged engine that can reach a top speed of 155 miles per hour. It can also go from 0 to 60 in 5.5 seconds.
3. Porsche 911 Carrera S – The Carerra S has always been a favorite of lawyers and business executives. It‘s more affordable than the Benz SL65 AMG at $90,500 and it‘s faster too. The Carrera S can go from 0-60 in 4.5 seconds and reach a top track speed of 188 miles per hour.
4. Aston Martin DB9 Volante – The Aston Martine DB9 Volante is slick convertible that can go from zero to sixty in 5 seconds and reach a top speed of 165 miles per hour. Best of all it‘s $13,500 less than the Aston Martin DB9 coupe.
5. Jaguar XJL Supersport – If you want the ultimate in luxury you go with Jaguar. This car can go from 0-60 in 4.5 seconds and reach a top speed of 155 Mph. The price tag on this car is $72,500.
Compare over 200 auto insurance companies at once!
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Least Expensive Cars to Insure
In 2011 the least expense vehicles to insure are not cars, they are minivans and small SUV’s. Why? Minivans and SUV’s are dominating over cars because they offer more space, room and options than cars do. SUV’s also offer the same benefits as minivans like more seating and space than the average car does plus you can go more places in an SUV and look cool at the same time compared to a minivan.
1. Chrysler Town & Country LX – This minivan costs $26,025 and is worth every penny for the family that is looking for a little taste of luxury combined with everything that a family needs like lots of cargo space, a V6 engine, media center and so much more.
2. Toyota Sienna 4 cylinder – The Sienna has been the van of choice for many families and businesses since 1997. The new Sienna costs around $32,000 brand new.
3. Honda Odyssey EX – This van is quickly becoming the van of choice not just for soccer moms but for families who want to be able to do more on the go. It comes with a 248-HP V6 engine, a DVD rear entertainment system, lots of space and at $30,950 it’s worth it if you’re looking for a van that will grow with your family.
4. Ford Escape XLS – The Escape is one of Fords most popular models and is very affordable at $21,215.