FREE Auto Insurance Comparison
Your one-stop online auto insurance guide. Get a free quote now!
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Free Auto Insurance Quotes
If you need to get the cheapest car insurance, you’ve stumbled upon one of the best auto insurance quotes comparison sites. There’s no need to shop for auto insurance quotes. At 4AutoInsuranceQuote.com, we’ll match you with the most affordable rates in the industry. With our free insurance quote comparison tool, we make it easy to get the cheap auto insurance quotes you need, fast! Fill out our two-page form, and you’ll receive insurance quotes almost instantly via email.
Our car insurance quote tool makes comparing insurance rates easy. Gone are the days where you need to call up different insurance agents or visit broker’s offices. Who has the cheapest car insurance? Get your answer just a few clicks from now. You’ll receive top car insurance quotes from the top insurance providers in the country.
Using 4AutoInsuranceQuote.com is quick and painless! Here’s how it works:
- Enter your ZIP code into the form above and click “CONTINUE.”
- On the next two pages, enter some necessary information about yourself and your vehicle.
- Compare your customized insurance rates. You’ll now be given quotes from the most reputable car insurance companies in the United States.
Why should you compare auto insurance quotes?
As you probably know by now, insurance is required by law in the United States of America. Therefore, auto insurance is a needed expense. Just because it’s an expense, however, doesn’t mean it needs to be expensive. By comparing rates, you’ll be able to see how much you could be saving.
And you may be amazed at how much money you can save. Each insurer looks at you a little differently. If your driving record isn’t the best or you’re working on bouncing back from bad credit, you could see a huge difference just by switching your insurer. That’s why it’s so important to shop around, as each auto insurance company out there will look at your specific history just a little bit differently.
The right choice for you also depends on what your specific needs are. Each auto insurer has different types of policies, and you may find one that best suits your needs. Discounts and incentives differ among companies, and it’s hard to know which is the best for you.
But there are ways to objectively compare company ratings, and we do our best here to help you do just that. Want to make sure you’re choosing a financially stable company? While some prefer the personal touch of a small-town insurer, many are glad to know that their insurance company is large enough to cover your claim- no problem.
|Auto Insurance Company||A.M. Best Ratings||Direct Premiums Written (in Billions)||Market Shares (in Percent)||Loss Ratios (in Percent)|
|Allstate||A+ (Superior)||$22.7 (↑)||9.19 (↓)||56 (↓)|
|American Family||A (Excellent)||$4.7 (↑)||1.9 (↑)||69 (~)|
|Farmers||A (Excellent)||$10.5 (↑)||4.26 (↓)||61 (~)|
|Liberty Mutual||A (Excellent)||$11.8 (↑)||4.77 (↓)||62 (~)|
|Nationwide||A+ (Superior)||$6.7 (↓)||2.73 (↓)||58 (↓)|
|Progressive||A+ (Superior)||$27.1 (↑)||10.97 (↑)||62 (~)|
|State Farm||A++ (Superior)||$41.9 (↑)||17.01 (↓)||63 (↓)|
|Travelers||A++ (Superior)||$4.7 (↑)||1.9 (↑)||60 (~)|
|USAA (Military & Family Members)||A++ (Superior)||$14.5 (↑)||5.87 (↑)||77 (~)|
You can check their loss ratios to make sure they are paying out the percentage of claims that they should be. A company’s AM Best rating measures its financial strength, while JD Power ranks customer satisfaction.
But don’t worry! We’ll review many small insurance companies as well so you can get the full picture before making a decision.
What about customer claims satisfaction, is that super important to you? What about calling customer service and getting someone who is helpful and friendly? There are companies that rate insurers based upon these and other metrics, and they’re a good way to compare and choose the best option.
We know this can seem like a lot, but the main thing is saving you money! If a few minutes on a break or evening at home can help you save hundreds, why not get started now.
How do I get the best insurance quote?
Who doesn’t like to save money? Almost everybody could stand to hold on to a few extra dollars each month. Our insurance quote tool is excellent for:
People with New Cars (and People with Older Cars)
When you buy a new vehicle, you need to get insurance for the said vehicle. Car insurance for new cars can be quite expensive, so it’s best to shop around to ensure you don’t end up paying more than you need to.
Did you know that most lenders require you to carry full coverage on a new vehicle? You must have the appropriate level of auto insurance coverage or your insurer can repossess your vehicle or, more likely, make you carry force-placed insurance which is very expensive and can deem you to be high-risk.
Repairing a new car can be extremely costly, so it’s best to have adequate insurance coverage so that you’re not stuck with a big bill just for being underinsured. For more information, click to read our guide on insuring your new vehicle.
Below you’ll see each state’s average auto insurance rates for both full coverage and liability-only coverage if you’re insuring a vehicle you own outright.
|State||Average Annual Full Coverage Auto Insurance Rates||Average Annual Liability Auto Insurance Rates|
|District of Columbia||$1,307.62||$628.09|
If you have a 10-year-old Toyota Corolla, you may opt for liability-only. This type of insurance only covers damages to the other vehicle, but keeping full coverage on an older vehicle may not make financial sense, depending on your rates and your vehicle’s current value.
You may notice a big difference between states. That’s right. Where you live also has a huge impact on how much your auto insurance rates are.
Those who Want to Switch Auto Insurance Providers
Experts say that if you haven’t checked your insurance rates in the past six months, you’re probably paying too much. Insurance rates are always changing, and insurance providers tend to raise premiums of their customers over time.
It’s always a good idea to shop around because each insurer has its own formula for determining your rates. Just take a quick look at the table below. Each of these insurers is quoting the same level of coverage for the same driver, but each quote is quite different.
|Company||High Level Coverage Average Annual Auto Insurance Rates||Low Level Coverage Average Annual Auto Insurance Rates||Medium Level Coverage Average Annual Auto Insurance Rates|
If you haven’t re-negotiated your premiums in a while, now might be the time to do so. To read more about switching insurance companies, read our article here.
Those with less-than-stellar driving records usually pay much more than the average population for their car insurance rates. Insurance companies will look at your history of accidents and traffic violations as one of the major factors in determining your insurance premiums. One DUI can more than double your rates with some auto insurers.
If you’re deemed to be a high risk to insurance companies or if you need SR-22 insurance coverage, you need to do your homework if you want to get affordable rates. If this sounds like you, it’s best to go ahead and learn more about car insurance for high-risk drivers.
First Time Drivers
Young drivers, student drivers, and teen drivers often get lumped into that “high risk” category discussed above. Little driving experience and a higher propensity to cause accidents can lead to these higher premiums. Looking around for discounts and cheap rates for these new drivers is always a good idea.
When possible, it’s far cheaper to add young drivers to an existing policy. Chances are you’ll have to pay a lot to insure them, but savings are to be had if you know where to find them.
What factors do insurance companies look at to decide your rates?
The information you enter into our quote comparison form is vital to determining your premiums. To calculate your rates, insurance companies have a complicated algorithm that they’ll plug your data into to determine how much you’ll be paying.
These are just a few of the factors that will play a role in calculating your quote (click to read more info):
- Where to live
- Your driving history
- Your credit score
- Your gender
- Your age
- Your vehicle
- How much you drive
- Your job
To view a more detailed list of things that can affect your insurance rates, click here.
How can you begin saving on your insurance?
It’s a good idea to educate yourself on the ins and outs of auto insurance before you start shopping around. To begin, what better way than to scroll through the pages of our website? We have information on how to compare auto insurance companies, how your rates are determined, what to do when you get hit by another car, and so much more.
Our learning center has informative guides on everything you could imagine. Our blog contains news, tools, and all-around fun stuff. Our glossary has definitions of almost every insurance term imaginable. Look to the navigation bar on the right-hand side of our site to start exploring around.
If you’re ready to begin comparing free auto insurance quotes, then go ahead! What are you waiting for? Our three-step process is as easy as 1-2-3:
- Enter your ZIP code
- Fill out our two-page form
- Compare rates from auto insurance companies
At 4AutoInsuranceQuote.com, we’re here to help you save. Scroll back up to the top of this to find auto insurance quotes online cheap.
- Recent Articles
- What is gap insurance and do I need it when filing an auto insurance claim?
- What documentation do I need to file an auto insurance claim with Kemper?
- What documentation do I need to file an auto insurance claim with Liberty Mutual?
- What happens if I disagree with Kemper's decision on my auto insurance claim?
- What happens if I disagree with Liberty Mutual's decision on my auto insurance claim?
- What is Liberty Mutual's policy on rental car coverage during the claims process?
- What happens if I disagree with State Farm's decision on my auto insurance claim?
- What is the process for renewing my auto insurance policy?
- What happens if the other driver disputes who is at fault in the accident?
- Does my auto insurance cover damage caused by a lightning strike?
- Does my auto insurance cover damage caused by a landslide or mudslide?
- Does my auto insurance cover damage caused by a hailstorm or heavy rain?
- Does my auto insurance cover damage caused by a friend who borrowed my car and got into an accident?
- Does my auto insurance cover damage caused by a flood or hurricane?
- Does my auto insurance cover damage caused by a driver who is uninsured or underinsured?
- Can I choose where to get my vehicle repaired after an accident?
- How do I file an auto insurance claim with State Farm?
- Does my auto insurance cover damage to my own car if I am at fault in an accident?
- Does my auto insurance cover damage caused by a blown tire?
- Does my auto insurance cover damage caused by a driver who borrowed my car without permission?
- Can I get auto insurance for a car that is used for teaching or driver education purposes?
- Can I get auto insurance for a car that is used for business purposes?
- Affordable Ford Transit Van Auto Insurance Quotes (2023)
- Does my auto insurance cover damage caused by road rage?
- Does my auto insurance cover damage to my car if I hit a parked car?
- Does my auto insurance cover damage to my car's stereo or other aftermarket accessories?
- Can I get auto insurance for a self-driving car?
- Does my auto insurance cover a stolen car?
- Does my auto insurance cover damage caused by a deer or other wildlife?
- Does my auto insurance cover damage caused by a riot or civil unrest?
- Does my auto insurance cover damage caused by a road hazard?
- Does my auto insurance cover damage caused by a runaway vehicle?
- Does auto insurance cover damage caused by a sinkhole?
- Does my auto insurance cover damage caused by a tornado or other windstorm?
- Does auto insurance cover damage caused by a transmission failure?
- Does my auto insurance cover damage caused by an earthquake?
- Does my auto insurance cover damage caused by a wildfire?
- Does my auto insurance cover damage caused by a water main break?
- Does auto insurance cover damage caused by an overheated engine?
- Does my auto insurance cover damage caused by my own negligence?
- Does my auto insurance cover damage caused by an uninsured driver if I have collision coverage?
- How long does it typically take for Nationwide to process an auto insurance claim?
- Can I change my auto insurance coverage at any time?
- Can I buy auto insurance without a driver's license?
- What happens if I don't agree with the amount the insurance company is offering me for repairs to my vehicle?
- What information do I need to file an auto insurance claim with Allstate?
- What information do I need to file an auto insurance claim with Farmers?
- QuoteWizard Auto Insurance Review: Can you get affordable quotes? (2023)
- What information do I need to provide when filing an auto insurance claim with USAA?
- What information do I need to file an auto insurance claim with State Farm?