A car hit me in a cross walk. Shouldn’t his insurance pay for it???

Home > Forum > A car hit me in a cross walk. Shouldn’t his insurance pay for it???

The following is an exported forum post from our discontinued forum. If you would like to reply to this old forum post, please post a comment below.

So I was walking on day in a cross walk and a car hit me.  It was pretty serious as I hit my head on his windshield and I was taken to a hospital in an ambulance.  The problem is.. these bills are HIGH. I need them paid for now…

BUT – His insurance has not contacted me yet!

I dont wanna be stuck with all these bills.. the ambulance costs a lot, I need physcial therapy, and on top of that I missed a lot of work. WHat do I do???   I called a couple lawyers but they havent called me back yet.

Answer 1

Insurance companies won’t pay you unless you make them.

It’s sad but it’s true… think about it – why would they want to pay money unless they had to? They are trying to run a business.

My advice to you is to get a lawyer.. do not try and talk to the insurance companies over the phone by yourself.  If everything is as you say it is, it sounds like you are entitled to atleast the medical bill money. (ATLEAST)

Good luck!


  Comments: 1

  1. Pamela Williamson

    The uninsured or under-insured part of the liability insurance of your own car insurance should cover those charges if you happened to have car insurance. if not then yes a lawsuit is in order.

Your feedback